2007年5月14日月曜日

Buddhism

How is your daily life affected by Buddhism? What do you do and why do you do it?

There are a lot of Buddhist events in Japan. We often go back to Grandparents’ home to see them. I don’t know if this is a Buddhist custom, but I thought it’s interesting.
When there are big events like New Year’s Day, Obon or Omisoka, then also many of my family members go back to my Grandparents’ house. Nobody says “Hey, let's go back to our Grandparents’ house together!” or something like that, but there are always some of my family members when I visit my Grandparents. And they always go back there with souvenirs to put on our family Buddhism altar.

4 件のコメント:

Rolf さんのコメント...

Sounds like fun. In many holidays in Christianity, such as Christmas and Easter, families come together to celebrate.

nyaa さんのコメント...

Thank you for reading, rolf.
Yes, I like my family. All of them are so funny. and sometimes, ther are some people who have never seen. so I don't know thir name, but I know I am their famly.

yellow dress さんのコメント...

As you said, I found that Japanese events are derived from Buddism. And I think events and holidays unique to each country re also derives from their religion.

nyaa さんのコメント...

Thank you for reading, yellow dress.
Yes, you are right. There are a lot of religion in the world, but all of them are same thing. They just have their own way to tell people about culture(religion). It is my opinion.